Basque style slider-size lamb burgers from the book “Pintxos” by Gerald Hrigoyen. Our personal favorite ground lamb dinner from the grill.
1) Grind cumin to fine powder. Transfer 1/2 teaspoon of cumin to a small bowl and add the Aioli, mix well and set aside.
2) Grind the coriander and fennel to fine powder. Mix in the remaining cumin.
3) Combine the spice mix with the ground lamb, and knead lightly. Divide the lamb into 4 patties.
4) Fry with oil, or grill the patties until brown, turn and brown the other side.
5) Lightly toast the brioche, spread the Aioli. Add a layer of shallot slices. Top with burger, tomato, and lettuce.